Please sign in so that we can notify you about a reply
A set of 10 Tapered-style, anodized aluminum crochet hooks in an assortment of colors. The handles are dipped in layers of UV resin and water-marbled to give a colorful, comfortable, ergonomic grip. The UV resin gives a gorgeous, glass-like effect that is scratch-resistant and comfortable to hold.
The hooks themselves are 5.5” long, but after the resin-dipping they will come out to approximately 5.75" long.
Teardrop Handles: The resin handles flare from the narrow "pinch" to the bottom; the approximate diameter at the end of the handles is 10mm regardless of the size of the hook.
Candleflame Handles: The resin handles flare out from the "pinch" to approximately 15mm thick at the middle of the handles, then taper back down to roughly 4-6mm at the base of the handle.
Sizes in this set are:
Please specify Teardrop or Candleflame handle shape when ordering.
Each set is made-to-order, so please allow 2-4 weeks for me to make your hooks.
If you need a full set of In-Line style hooks, check out this listing: https://goimagine.com/art/fibe...
If you need individual hooks instead of a full set, check out this listing: https://goimagine.com/handmade...
I dip the handles of the hooks in layers of UV resin, being careful not to cover the "pinch" where the size of the hook is stamped, flash-curing between each layer. It can take anywhere from 5 to 20 layers to build up the shape and size, depending on the size of the hook. Once I have the thickest part of the handles built up to about 12-15mm in diameter I fully-cure the UV resin. Next I sand the resin into shape then water-marble some rainbow swirls over the resin handles and let them dry. Finally, I brush a layer or two of UV resin over the handles to seal the marble swirl and give a lovely, glass-like shine.
Art classes in grade school are where I always shined- I even stayed after school to work further on my projects. I majored in Integrated Studio Arts at Iowa State University, where I learned a lot about myself as well as art theory. After many years doing the 9-5 thing, I finally decided to start up my own business January 2020 (good timing, eh?).
I have dabbled in many mediums over the years. I learned sewing and cross stitching from my mother and woodworking from my father. I discovered on my own the joys of knitting, crochet, drawing, painting, sculpting, origami, calligraphy, airbrushing, even nail art. My focus currently is on mold-making and casting and resin art. I love the problem-solving and out-of-the-box thinking required when creating something new.
My very first "studio" was my parent's living room. I would set up shop on the coffee table and do the projects in the back of Highlights Magazines. Today, the spare bedroom in the home I share with my husband and 2 cats is my Studio. It is my haven, my safe space, my place to play and create.
Ten Things You Should Know Before Placing Your Order:
1. All items made by Chelsea and sold in this store are made-to-order. Please allow at least 2-4 weeks for your order to be made.
2. Your order will be shipped anywhere in the USA via USPS Flat Rate Shipping.
3. If your order arrives damaged you must contact Studio Eldeen Handmade Art LLC immediately and include photograph(s) of the area(s) damaged; Failure to do so may result in additional costs to you to replace the damaged item.
4. Chelsea likes to send progress updates and photos to you during the creation process of your order to get feedback, ensuring you are satisfied with the progress before moving on to the next phase of creating your order. Due to electronic screen color variations, colors may vary from the photos sent to you by Chelsea. As with any handmade item, your order may have slight imperfections.
5. Any products made by Chelsea/Studio Eldeen Handmade Art LLC that are intended for contact with food or drink will only be sealed using KSResin’s FDA-compliant products. Customers should visit KSResin’s web page for any questions or concerns regarding KSResin’s product lines. If you have any allergies to KSResin’s fully cured FDA-compliant products, it is not recommended that you purchase any products intended for contact with food or drink from Studio Eldeen Handmade Art LLC.
6. While the resins Chelsea uses in her products have UV inhibitors and resist yellowing better than most resins on the market, customers should be aware that all resins can and do yellow over time. Prolonged exposure to heat and UV light will hasten the yellowing of your item.
7. A Care Instruction Card is included with all products purchased from Studio Eldeen Handmade Art LLC. Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to the product that Chelsea and Studio Eldeen Handmade Art LLC will not be liable for.
8. All orders are non-returnable and non-refundable.
9. By submitting a payment for a product made by Chelsea Eldeen/Studio Eldeen Handmade Art LLC, you agree to all the above Terms and Conditions.
10. THANK YOU! No seriously, thank you for reading all this boring stuff. You're a Rockstar and you get a gold star for today. :)