About this Product
Cotton aprons are a must in the kitchen or for crafting or other messy hobbies and jobs. These ice-dyed aprons are colorful and colorfast. Each apron has 3 pockets in front, and the ties are long enough to go around most people. They make great gifts to a budding or experienced chef. Every apron is one-of-a-kind; my pictures show some of the unique patterns discovered within.
Ice-dyeing gives each piece a unique flow of colors that delights the eye. Everyone sees something new— a Monet painting, an outer-space asteroid, a floral design. The more you look, the more images you see in each piece. I love working with color and don’t subscribe to the idea that certain colors only go with other colors. I use approximately 4-5 colors in each.
I can custom-dye aprons, but cannot guarantee specific colors or delivery dates, only that I will do my best to accommodate you. The cost is an added 20% for custom work.
Great gift idea--no sizing necessary. One size fits most.
Note: I have more than posted, but due to in-person shows, I haven't been able to keep up photos and current work. Please PM me if you would like me to send you a photo of my apron inventory.
Meet the Maker
My name is Patt, spelled with 2 t's because I like to stand out from the many Patricias and Pats in this world.
Creating new, colorful art suits my multi-tasking lifestyle.
Born in San Francisco and raised on the Peninsula, I found knitting, then weaving as "indoor sports" after moving to the coast and experiencing summer’s heavy coastal fog.
Vivid colors and textures drive my work as a textile designer. I consider myself eclectic — I knit, weave, felt, dye, and design and create jewelry. My passion is blending colors and textures into jewelry and textile designs while not following rules and doing the expected. I strive for wearable art pieces - my works are one of a kind. I create unusual pieces and prefer being ahead of the crowd rather than part of it.
Ice-dyeing led me to dye textiles for fashion designers. My work has sold in stores and at craft shows 4 to 5 times a year. I love the in-person selling, but like many artists, the pandemic forced me online, which has been a bonus because now I have new customers from all over the country.
I started online as Patt711 on Etsy and success encouraged me to add GoImagine.com with its new give-back concept. If you live in or visit the SF Bay Area around Thanksgiving, I also participate in Open Studios in November and that information can be found on our website: www.colonyofcoastsideartists.com
I hope you enjoy my art as much as I do creating it.
- Processing Time: My goal is to ship within 24-48 hours after purchase is complete during a regular business week. If something is commissioned and special ordered, I will give the buyer an estimated time for shipping.
- Return Policy:
Contact me within 7 days of delivery
- Ship items back within 21 days of delivery
- I don't accept exchanges or cancellations (unless I haven't yet shipped), but please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
- Conditions of return: Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
- Do I custom dye? Yes, I will gladly dye something for you. Because ice dyeing is very random and unpredictable, I cannot guarantee the outcome but I have had many delighted customers.