About this Product
Are you going sustainable in your home? Well I have just the thing, it's called an unsponge. What is an unsponge? It's a reusable, washable cotton fabric, mesh and terry cloth sponge. This unsponge is great for doing dishes or cleaning the bathroom tub or sink.
- What you get: One reusable sponge
- Fabrics used: 100% cotton and terry cloth. Polyester mesh. Filled with 1 inch thick mildew resistant and hypo-allergenic, washable polyester batting. The batting has been secured with stitching an inch from the edge to hold all the layer together. Fabric and terry cloth has been preshrunk.
- Colors used: White background with black sketched rabbit with pink flowers print with pink terry cloth back. Pink mesh is used on one side.
- Size: 5 1/2 x 4 inches. Size will vary slightly being that they're handmade.
- Care: Machine wash with like colors, tumble dry low or air dry. DO NOT use bleach or fabric softener. Do not use on sharp knives or objects. I do wash my sharp knives with your sponge, but I use the terry cloth side NOT the mesh side. Not for extremely heavy scrubbing or for use on cast iron.
- Rinse thoroughly with clear water after using and set in dish drainer to dry.
Meet the Maker
Welcome to SewFancybyJulie. I live in a small town in South Dakota, and have lived, with my husband for 25 years. After his discharge from the Air Force in 1975, we returned to our home state of Michigan. How did I get to South Dakota, he took a job transfer and here I am and loving it.
I have always sewn my own clothing, as well as, for my children and grandchildren. After retiring, I discovered machine embroidery. I love every minute of what I do. I do it to offer prospective buyers options they can't find in the big box stores.
I do items for the kitchen, pot holders, table runners, embroidered kitchen towels, and so much more. I am a one woman show. I do all the product making, product listing and mailing myself. It's a lot of work, but you never work a day in your life if you love what you do. I love what I do.
Please come by and take a look around, my shop is small for now and I plan on expanding my shop as time goes by.
If you have any questions or requests, please feel free to contact me and I'll see if I can help you.
How it’s Made
First photo shows the mesh being secured to the cotton fabric.
Second photo shows the terry cloth fabric being secured to the fabric and mesh piece.
The last photo shows the unsponge with the batting inserted and opening sewn closed.
I charge a bit higher price for custom orders. Contact me and we will discuss what you want on the order. I will send sample pictures (no more than 5) for your approval. Once approved, I will set of a custom listing and the order must be paid in full before I start your order. Please understand customization takes a little long to work with and get your order the way you want it.
SHIPPING: My shipping time is 3-4 business days, excluding weekends and holidays. This gives me time to get your order ready for shipping. I do my best to meet this schedule, and most times ship earlier. I ship USPS first class with tracking unless specified differently or you choose to use USPS Priority Mail. I have no control over packages once they are in the possession of shipping carrier. At this time, I only ship to the United States.
All sales are final. I do not accept return, exchanges, or cancellations. If there is a problem with your order, please contact me, so we can discuss the problem and come to an amicable solution. Please do not just return an item without contacting me, as there will not be any kind of refund. This also applies to packages marked "Return to Sender." If a refund is necessary, buyer will pay return shipping. Pictures will be required if there is damage and original packaging returned. I take a video of items as they go into the package before I ship. Not responsible for lost packages, you can add insurance to your order.
Due to different light setting the actual color may vary a bit from the pictures. I try to take accurate pictures, but some colors do not photograph well. I will note that in the descriptions, where necessary. You may always ask questions.
MESSAGES: I try to answer my messages withing a few hours. Depending on your time zone, it may not be until the next morning. Usually very early, I'm an early riser.