About this Product
Scarf is 100% washable silk, very lightweight but will provide warmth when wrapped around your neck. The perfect accessory to carry in your purse or pocket when the evenings get cool, and it adds a pop of color to any outfit. Great for travel or on Zoom! Scarves also make great gifts.
Ice-dyeing gives each piece a unique flow of colors that delights the eye. Everyone sees something new— a Monet painting, an outer-space asteroid, a floral design. The more you look, the more images you see in each piece. They often look hand-painted because of the patterns.
I love working with color and don’t subscribe to the idea that certain colors only go with other colors—I create my own possibilities.
Ice-dyeing is not tie-dyeing. The fabric can be folded, twisted, laid out, and basically manipulated many ways to create unique freeform patterns. Each item has different design elements.
Listing is for one scarf with a one-of-a-kind design. I use 2-5 colors in each piece and nothing can be replicated even using the same colors.
Care: Hand wash in cool water with mild soap and hang to dry. While still slightly damp, iron on a light setting, as necessary. The joy of ironing is seeing the details and finding new patterns hidden within.
Meet the Maker
My name is Patt, spelled with 2 t's because I like to stand out from the many Patricias and Pats in this world.
Creating new, colorful art suits my multi-tasking lifestyle.
Born in San Francisco and raised on the Peninsula, I found knitting, then weaving as "indoor sports" after moving to the coast and experiencing summer’s heavy coastal fog.
Vivid colors and textures drive my work as a textile designer. I consider myself eclectic — I knit, weave, felt, dye, and design and create jewelry. My passion is blending colors and textures into jewelry and textile designs while not following rules and doing the expected. I strive for wearable art pieces - my works are one of a kind. I create unusual pieces and prefer being ahead of the crowd rather than part of it.
Ice-dyeing led me to dye textiles for fashion designers. My work has sold in stores and at craft shows 4 to 5 times a year. I love the in-person selling, but like many artists, the pandemic forced me online, which has been a bonus because now I have new customers from all over the country.
I started online as Patt711 on Etsy and success encouraged me to add GoImagine.com with its new give-back concept. If you live in or visit the SF Bay Area around Thanksgiving, I also participate in Open Studios in November and that information can be found on our website: www.colonyofcoastsideartists.com
I hope you enjoy my art as much as I do creating it.
- Processing Time: My goal is to ship within 24-48 hours after purchase is complete during a regular business week. If something is commissioned and special ordered, I will give the buyer an estimated time for shipping.
- Return Policy:
Contact me within 7 days of delivery
- Ship items back within 21 days of delivery
- I don't accept exchanges or cancellations (unless I haven't yet shipped), but please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
- Conditions of return: Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
- Do I custom dye? Yes, I will gladly dye something for you. Because ice dyeing is very random and unpredictable, I cannot guarantee the outcome but I have had many delighted customers.